LOCAPAL supplied a heavy-duty decking solution to demolish existing concrete beams and reinforce others on the top level (metro) of the Gare Saint-Charles in Marseille. This decking allows it to span the metro tracks without any intermediate support, i.e. a span of 14 ml. It consists of posts, runners, bearers and trays.
- Locapal made the project feasible without the customer having to invest in new steel, thanks to its reused steels.
- Installation is carried out at night, with short lead times between the subway closing at 00:45 and reopening at 04:45. The metro tracks are locked from 01:15 to 04:15, when the absence of voltage is checked by Bec Construction management.
- To achieve this, the Locapal engineering and design office proposed the right phasing for the installation of the framework
- Operation for which the supervisor is present during the entire assembly process
- Steel is supplied on site by work trains.
In all, the site will take 18 nights to erect, and the same number of nights to dismantle, scheduled for spring 2023.